'Namaste Goddess! I help women improve their physical and spiritual wellness in simple, straight-forward and caring ways. As a working-mother and long-term yogini I'm especially interested in women who are feeling overwhelmed by the juggle of modern life. In this training I give you tools and practices from ayurveda that will help you develop and share vibrant health, crystal clear communication and a lifestyle schedule that is joyful and manageable.
'Ayurveda Goddess' is an abundant virtual source of ayurvedic wisdom, delivered by empowered teachers living their best lives who are ready to support you in living yours.'
Course founder and author Katie Rose
Ayurveda is the 'sister science' to yoga and India's traditional natural wellness system. In this comprehensive online training for women of all ages we will take a deep dive into the world of ayurveda as it applies to busy, modern lives.
In the course you will:
- Improve your diet, digestion and weight management in a gentle, nourishing and sustainable way
- Balance your hormones and menstrual cycle / fertility / menopause health
- Meet live in circle (we use the virtual platform ZOOM) with other women sharing insights and healing practices together
- Practice meditation, yoga nidra (deep relaxation), pranayama (breathing exercises) and chanting
- Learn how to best support your unique constitutional type
- Experience essential oils, spices and herbal remedies for your unique conditions and constitution
- Practice ancient ayurvedic rituals such as techniques for beauty, self-care and creating sacred space
- Understand how your yoga practice and yoga teaching style impacts the constitutional types, for yoga teachers this could add a new income stream to your offerings
- Work with the gunas (modes of nature) to create more wholesome physical and emotional states of being
- Learn about the unique Australian seasons through the lens of ayurveda, as well as Aboriginal approaches to health and wellness
- Support a healthy and happy home environment or family using ayurvedic principles and rhythms
'Ayurveda Goddess' is part sacred immersion into the teachings (practice) and part information sharing (education). You will be refreshed, re-balanced and ready to share what you have absorbed.
The training has a strong focus on beautiful presentation, so that as you dive into these teachings, you will get the same ‘bhav’ or sacred feeling as if you were attending an in-person workshop.
Course founder Katie Rose shares: 'what has surprised me the most about learning and teaching online is that it really can positively impact the way I’m feeling, just as radically as a real life workshop!'
Bringing ancient wisdom to life:
The benefit of learning from home is just that: you are at home - so when we talk about changes to your diet, lifestyle, kitchen and personal beauty regimes it’s all right there in front of you.
Here's a quick peek into the types of people who are taking this training:
- Yoga teachers wanting to expand their skill set and develop a point of difference.
- Women struggling with health issues such as digestive problems, hormonal problems or stress and anxiety.
- Mothers, with children of all ages, finding they need support tools for themselves and their families.
- Women who know they are giving out too much energy (and in danger of burn out) but don't know how to get back into balance.
- Wellness industry practitioners such as doulas, massage therapists, beauty therapists and coaches.
Ayurvedic wellness - personal and self-paced:
We explore different topics module by module throughout the course, which means you will be able to access new video content and audio recordings as well as other supporting materials as you progress. We’ll also meet monthly on ZOOM and in our Facebook Group - if you miss a session we will have recordings and you can catch up later. There are homework assignments for those who choose the certified version of the course and practical exercises (think cooking up a storm, beautiful self-care rituals and making your own ayurveda beauty products etc.). The course focuses on the personal healing journey of each participant as a platform from which to then serve others and share this work out in the world.
Is there an accreditation?
This course is accredited (by Bhakti Rose if you choose the accredited version) as well as providing wonderful tools to support your life and health and that of your family and friends. If you are a yoga teacher or health care practitioner of some kind it will enhance your skill set in serving your students and clients. You will be issued with a Bhakti Rose Ayurveda Goddess Training Certificate when you have completed the course and we can also offer CPD points for Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia, contact us for more information. If you choose the personal study option there is no certification.
How long does the course take to complete?
Study is self-paced and you can move through the content as quickly or slowly as you like. There are quizzes and homework assignments for the certified version of the training (not for the personal study option) and you will be given feedback as part of your course fee. We recommend a 6 to 9 month learning journey. Once you enrol you'll have permanent access to the course material and ongoing access to our monthly ZOOM circle (specific to this training) so your journey with Ayurveda never has to end.
What will I get out of it for me?
- Tools for bringing all of yourself to all of your life - become happier, healthier and more whole. We support you to show up as your full self in the world so you don't feel fractured or split.
- Become more magnetic and charismatic through understanding yourself deeply so you can do the work in the world you were put here to do (dharma).
- Improvements in skilful communications and relationships.
- Methods for gentle seasonal cleaning and detox practices.
- Conscious spiritual practice in everyday life.
- Discipline, diligence and focus - we take a long term view of health and wellness.
- Meeting a like-minded community of women for support and fun!
What is included?
- Beautiful PDF’s (written materials) which cover the course content in easy to use and reference formats.
- Teaching resources such as meditation and guided relaxation scripts and recordings and breathing practices.
- Audio recordings and video recordings for each module.
- Bonus materials on subjects such as yoni steaming, essential oils and the business side of setting up your ayurvedic practice or offering.
- A range of teachers who are all expert in their own specialist areas.
- Quizzes and homework assignments which will be marked by Katie Rose (you’ll get personal feedback).
- A copy of Katie's book 'Mindful Living' (PDF version).
Ayurveda Goddess will help you and your yoga students or clients to get better at:
- Managing weight and energy.
- Enjoying intimacy and sexual relationships.
- Managing your schedule and achieving your goals.
- Finding more energy.
- Making better choices and working with addictions.
- Taking control of your health and wellness on all levels over the long term.
Katie Rose is an inspirational powerhouse, making ancient yogic and Ayurvedic wisdom accessible for busy modern-day women. Her solid grounding in mindfulness and spirituality, along with her authentic ‘say it as it is’ approach and impressive business savvy has earnt her an enthusiastic following amongst yogis in Sydney and Australia-wide.
As a published author, advanced level Jivamukti Yoga and Kundalini Yoga teacher, ayurveda consultant and doula, women’s health and wellbeing are Katie’s specialty. Katie is a teacher for The Australian Doula College (ADC) and she holds the highest possible accreditations with both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia and over 20 years, has trained hundreds of yoga teachers. She started her yogic career at age 19 as a volunteer cleaner at the prestigious TriYoga in London. By 24 Katie was managing the Primrose Hill TriYoga flagship location after which she moved to Australia in 2004 and founded her own yoga studio ‘Samadhi Yoga’ in Newtown. In 2007 Katie co-founded Jivamukti Yoga Sydney which at its peak was a four location Sydney based business and is still a community that continues to thrive today.
Her passion is in empowering women through yogic philosophy and bringing devotion and a sense of sacredness to everyday life. She has a deep compassion for animals and reverence for nature. Her most recent book (released by Rockpool Publishing in Australia, USA and UK), ‘Mindful Living’, was published in 2019 and the journal and inspiration cards to follow on its success will be available soon. Her book 'The Yoga of Birth' went into its second edition in 2020 after continuous sales over 10 years!
Current projects for Katie include writing (she is working on a new book ‘Mindful Healing’), a plant-medicine business Bhakti Botanicals (ayurvedic teas and oils), in-person teaching at various locations and the development of a substantial online offering including her signature trainings Ayurveda Goddess and Yoga of Birth.
Katie is the mother of four boys and lives in Sydney’s super-hip Inner West. Ranging in age from 4 to 13, they are a joyful, rambunctious, loving and sometimes slightly crazy bunch. Katie is attempting to practice what she teaches; creating a life that is happy and sustainable for her family.
Testimonial: "Just want to say how much I love your 'Ayurveda Goddess' course Katie. I’m learning to slow down, listen to my body's needs and stop rushing around like a crazy person. To stop comparing myself to others and be kinder to myself."
Testimonial: "I’m Camilla, a mother of two kiddos. I have my own essential oils business, am a graduated feminine embodiment coach, hoping to launch by the end of the year. I’ve always been interested in ayurveda and can now combine some of these principles with my coaching and biz. I’m also benefiting from adding more of the sacred into my daily life."
Testimonial: "I'm a youth worker and lead with my heart. While I love my work, I tend to forget about loving myself, caring for myself and am learning to be better at filling my own cup. I am super happy to be taking Katie's online course. I'm so excited to step away from the spiritual supermarket and give myself permission to follow something that lights me up."
Testimonial: "Katie Rose is an inspired and gifted teacher with so much to offer. Her lifelong commitment to the art of teaching yoga, her profound knowledge and generous spirit has inspired me on my own journey as a teacher. Katie has deep insights, clear delivery and original content to share with all who are blessed to take her trainings."