Pre-Launch Discount: Save $50 by adding code 50OFF on the checkout page.
Welcome to The Yoga of Birth online prenatal yoga training
This training is primarily for yoga teachers who would like to become a prenatal yoga teacher. You will be certified (through Bhakti Rose) upon completion of all the modules and the homework. This course is also a precious opportunity for midwifes, doulas and expecting mothers to learn about pregnancy yoga.
What is this prenatal yoga course about?
Yoga has proven to be a safe and effective practice during pregnancy. It has a whole variety of positive effects on the mother’s body, including developing strength, maintaining fitness and reducing symptoms of pregnancy such as muscle aches, swelling, sciatica, cramps, and fatigue. But even more so, yoga has demonstrated a positive impact on the mother's and baby's mind, inducing a sense of inner peace and wellbeing. Join us to learn how to safely practice yoga asana in pregnancy and how to adapt your yoga classes for pregnant women.
The training encompasses three parts
- Pregnancy (conception, asana, pranayama, sadhana, yoga nidra, chanting and meditation)
- Labour preparation (yogic scriptures on birth, pranayama for labour, birth without violence or ahimsa, pratyahara in birthing)
- Postnatal Care (care of self, care of baby, sacred 40 days after birthing, mantras and chanting, shradha, postnatal nourishment and returning to yoga asana).
We also cover
- Sequencing and class planning
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- A strong focus on yogic philosophy as it applies to the pregnancy journey
- Meditation, pranayama, yoga nida and chanting practices for pregnancy
- Business skills for launching your pre and postnatal yoga classes
- Bonus modules on Yoni Steaming and Essential Oils
How was the course developed?
The course is adapted from in-person trainings that Katie Rose has been running for many years. We have carefully structured a combination of audio and video material (some from live trainings and some specifically recorded) to support and guide your learning experience.
What is included?
- Beautiful written materials (PDFs) which cover the course content in easy to use and reference formats.
- Teaching resources such as meditation and guided relaxation scripts, class plans and breathing practices.
- Audio and video recordings for each module.
- Bonus materials on subjects such as yoni steaming for postnatal recovery, essential oils in pregnancy and the business of setting up for pre and postnatal yoga classes.
- Quizzes and homework assignments which will be marked by Katie Rose (you’ll get personal feedback). For those people taking the course for personal use (not certified) it is not necessary to do the homework or assignments.
- You can also use this training to earn CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points with both Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Please contact us if you would like more information on this.
- Anyone can benefit from this training but you must already be a 200-hour accredited yoga teacher to get the certification.
When can I start?
As soon as the training has launched (March 2020), you’ll be sent a link to start downloading material, so you can dive in straight away.
How long will the course take me to complete?
This all depends on how much time you have to study and practice. The course is self-paced. We anticipate that with 2 or 3 hours of study a week it will take you around ten weeks but you can definitely get through the material more quickly if you choose to. Please note in order to gain certification you must be a 200 hour qualified yoga teacher. If you are not a qualified yoga teacher you may take the personal study option.
Katie Rose (formerly Manitsas) is an advanced level Jivamukti Yoga teacher and an ayurveda teacher. She is also qualified in Kundalini Yoga and as a doula (childbirth support person) she teaches for the Australian Doula College and holds the highest possible accreditations with both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia.
She has been teaching yoga for over 20 years and has now trained hundreds of people to be yoga teachers. Katie’s passion is in empowerment for women as well as yogic philosophy and bringing devotion and a sense of the sacred to everyday life. She has a deep compassion for animals and a reverence for nature. Katie is a published author of several books including the recent ‘Mindful Living’.
She is the mother of four boys and lives with them in Sydney’s super-hip Inner West. With Great Love All is Possible!
"There was so much that I got out of your teachings which I needed to know AS A WOMAN!!! I feel a greater sense of ease around conception with more insight into my own body and it’s conditioning. Thank you for offering this course and sharing your knowledge as a woman, mum and doula. Your classes feel safe, nurturing and fun."
- Lisa Gackle, Yoga Teacher